Welcome to Evergreen

The Evergreen Historic District comprises one of the largest cohesive collections of early-twentieth century houses in the Mid-South. The district covers a 53 square mile block area in midtown Memphis and includes approximately 1400 primarily residential structures built between 1890 and 1930. In 1985 the District was classified as a National Historic District on the National Register of Historic Places.

The boundaries of the District are generally defined by North Parkway on the north, East Parkway on the east, Poplar on the south and Watkins on the west. The District also contains an adjacent area of similar architecture and history, bounded by Poplar, Willett, Court and Stonewall.